Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It just not meant to be

A few weeks ago, before we moved in with these crazy people, we were living in a rental place. The washer and dryer was in the basement (Something I will never do when I build my own place) and our room was on the second floor.

I was rushing out of the house one morning and I thought I would throw in a load of laundry. I piled some of my stuff on top of the dirty laundry basket and carried it down to the first floor. I took my stuff out of the basket and continued down to the basement. I threw in the laundry and started the washer.

It was mostly the bf's work clothes so I made sure that it was on high and hot.
I headed back upstairs, grabbed my purse, and got into my car.

I thought I would call my mother while I was driving so I reached into my purse to grab my phone. It wasn't in there. It was in the laundry basket. I did not remember taking it out before I threw everything in the laundry. I ran back in the house and down into the basement. The washing machine was full of water and I lifted all of the sopping wet and not to mention extremely hot clothes out. And there was my iPhone. Laying at the bottom of the washing machine.

I took it out and immediately tried to turn it on. NO. SUCH. LUCK.

The water was so hot and and it was so submerged that my beloved iPhone was a goner.

And of course water damage isn't covered by insurance. Luckily I was due for an upgrade and a new iPhone was only $150. I was having nightmares of using one of those chunky old flip phones. If one good thing came out of the situation it was that I finally got the white iPhone that I had been wanting.

Just when you think everything is resolved....

Enter this guy:
This is Beans. My bf's parents dog.

You may be thinking, "that is the cutest puppy in the world." Cute yes. Devil. YES

I walked into the house and my new white iPhone was laying on the couch. Pretty normal right?

And then I picked it up. And it was covered in slobber. Beans is part mastiff and slobber is an understatement.

I figured that he just slobbered on it. Until I took the case off. He chewed the screen.

Since when do dogs eat phones?

Luckily it is still usable and I am going to get the screen fixed when I get a chance.

Maybe ali and iPhones are just not meant to be....

So I just look at this guy.

My perfect little angel.
Haha.
Thats funny.
But at least he doesn't eat phones.





Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi! New follower from the GFC blog hop! I can completely relate to the devil coming out in pups. We added a new puppy to our family, and thankfully she get's crated on the horribly hot days or I'm sure my house would be utterly destroyed!!

    http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So unfortunate about your iPhone. I recently experienced the death of my iPad. I call it a suicide mission because he literally jumped out of my hands and onto the sidewalk. I also did not have insurance, so no more iPad for me. Unless I come into an inheritance or something...

    Glad you can get your screen fixed!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :) Just found your blog from the GFC blog hop. I have been wanting an iphone for months {android user} and can't even imagine how sad I would be if I found it at the bottom of the washing machine/covered in dog slobber HAHA Good thing he is so stinkin' cute!

    Glad you can get it fixed though!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...