Friday, June 29, 2012

Catch up and a Grandma Update

I thought I would catch you up on what has been going on around here lately. Nothing major but lots of little things tend to add up don't they?

Well we (me, the bf, his mom, his moms fiancé, and 3 dogs) moved in with the bf's grandparents.

Meet grandma randy and grandpa tim

They own a succesful construction company that the bf hopes to take over some day.
They have a very nice house with lots of room for us hooligans.

While the bf's parents are building a new house, we will be residing here. Or until we move into the dorms in September, whichever comes first.

Of course I could stay with my parents and avoid all of this chaos but what fun is that? Although I do love my parents very much :)

Im not sure that Tim and Randy are quite sure what they are getting themselves into. 3 dogs can be quite the patience tester. Im sure I will have many stories, good and bad, to share about our Living at the Connerys(thats there last name) this summer. Let the good times roll??

In other news...

My grandma (not the one mentioned before) but my moms, mom has been quite sick for some time now. She was diagnosed with Lung cancer a few months ago and underwent a few rounds of radiation. She has also been suffering from severe back pain. They initially thought that it was caused by cancer spreading into the bones but that turned out not to be the case. Thank goodness. They are saying that it is most likely just a fracture that can't heal due to brittle bones and a weak body. She was hoping to have a surgery to try and minimize the pain but when she went for her pre op appointment they saw that her heart was in pretty bad condition and that she may have even had a heart attach without even knowing. Pretty scary.

So they decided that it was to risky to do surgery and they are going to try and manage her pain with medicine better. Its not the outcome we hoped for but we will take all the moments we can get with her.

On a lighter note...

Had a fun night on thursday. Dalton agreed played softball in a league (they needed a sub) with some of his friends. I brought Rachel and Johrdin along to cheer the team on. Im quite certain that the bf drank more beer than he caught balls but he was a good sport and we had a good time watching him too.

As I have posted about before I work in the floral department at HyVee. They have been letting me arrange and experiment with a lot more lately. I have been practicing pin on corsages. Ive been trying to think of unique new ways to do them. Obvioulsly this pink and purple color combination isn't the best but I use the left over flowers. I did love the style of the leaves and wax flower off to the side.

Finally got to try out my new nail polish color. Mint apple by Sinful Colors. Love it.


life rearranged
Sorry about the rambling post, I just wanted to get everyone caught up on life around here!

Follow Stories of a Girl and I will be sure to return the favor!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun week! I really like the nail polish. :) P.S. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...