Monday, July 2, 2012

Lady A

I've always sort of had one of those mental bucket lists. I know things that I have always wanted to do and I add to it very often. I know I should probably right it down but for now its stored in my brain.

Well seeing a Lady Antebellum concert was on my life long bucket list and this weekend I got to check that off the list. My dad gave me tickets for christmas and my plan was to bring the bf. The concert was at Summerfest in Milwaukee. Its supposedly the largest music festival in the United States and is conveniently only about an hour and a half from my house. We go almost every year but usually we just walk around and see the smaller bands and eat some good food. This year we had tickets to the big stage to see Lady Antebellum. Well it was extremely hott out and the bf wasn't all that crazy about seeing Lady Antebellum. His words were that they sang too many slow songs. Whatever. But I knew that I wanted to spend the day with someone that I knew would have a good time. Enter my cousin.


She knew all of the songs and we had a blast. Darius Rucker opened for Lady Antebellum and we both are huge fans of Darius and even bigger fans of his first band Hootie and the Blowfish. He did sing a few of the Hootie songs and the crowd went crazy.


They have a cool chair lift sort of apparatus that takes you from one end of the park to the other. Not only is it a great view but it is a great way to get out of the huge sweaty crowds.

If nothing else Summerfest is one of those great places to stand by and watch people. I saw every sort of indecency that you could imagine. Including a 70 year old lady in a leather bikini and leather knee high boots. Dang. My life is complete.

After feeling a little bummed out that the bf wasn't coming with me and I wouldn't get to hold his hand during 'Need You Now' my cousin and I hopped in the car with my dad and his fiancé and we were off.

The concert was wonderful. Except for the frumpy moms next to us who sat through the whole concert and also stopped me from dancing to inform me that I had almost hit them in the face ten times. Right.

I told them that I paid just as much for they did for the tickets and I was going to enjoy every minute of it. And I did. Everyone else around us was really fun and extremely friendly. I didn't let grumpy and sleepy ruin my night.

I got one good shot of the stage while it was still light out. Our seats were relatively close and the sound was great. The stage is all outside but we had covered seats.



Everyone raised their lighters and phones during 'Dancin' away with my Heart' and it was so beautiful. I took a video of the whole place but when I got home and played it for the bf we both realized that my singing in the background is loud. I will save you from that experience.





Thanks for stopping by Stories of a Girl.
Follow this blog and I will be sure to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...