Friday, June 15, 2012

{Part II} Practice Smiling

I recently wrote about one of my favorite movies Love Happens. You can read part 1 here.

I think part II is just as important. (If not more)
Part II is all about smiling. I think this is a great one for a Friday. Its almost the weekend and we have so much to be happy about.

"Happiness is a state of mind. Devote 5 minutes each day to smiling and after awhile, it will come naturally."



What do we have to lose by trying to smile more? I've really been tested the past few weeks on this one. Heres how: I work at Hy-Vee. For those of you not from the mid west, you have probably never shopped at one but Im sure you have seen the commercials. "Where theres a helpful smile in every isle." Yep. I work in the floral department at Hy-Vee. And they aren't kidding when they say you better be smiling.

Cant a girl have a bad day? Nope.

But it really has been good for me. It can do nothing but make my day better when I smile at someone else. Not even just customers. My boyfriend, family members, friends.

Smiling is the universal way to show friendliness.

My boyfriend found me in a sour mood the other day and after watching the movie he decided to remind me the lessons of my 'corny chick flick' as he called it. He said "practice smiling for 5 minutes each day." Of course I gave him the I'm gonna smile for 5 minutes straight sarcastic look but honestly. It made me smile. Sour mood gone.

So try it. Remind yourself to smile more. And pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...