Thursday, June 7, 2012

{Part 1} Love and Lemonade

Do you ever find a movie,book,poem,song..etc that just encourages you or fits your life right at that particular time? Well the other night the bf was feeling very tired and I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep if I wasn't tired too. I decided to pop in one of my favorite movies. Love Happens. It stars Jennifer Aniston and some other guy I can't remember. (Oops sorry) Well normally I just watch it and enjoy it but this time I really took in the lessons that are discussed in the movie. I thought they would be great to discuss here on stories of a girl. So take it in and enjoy. And if your not to busy today or this weekend, watch the movie! Its fab.



We all know the signature quote "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." But really we have two ways to look at every situation in life. We can make a sour face, or we can make lemonade.

Think about a situation in you life when you want to confront a friend, boyfriend, parent, parter about something. Whether you know you are doing it or not, you are deciding to handle that situation in that particular way. Let me give you an example...On Monday night after I returned home from watching the Bachelorette over at my cousins, the boyfriend was still at the lake house. I was laying in bed playing on my new iPad. He had had a long day at work and on his way home he texted me asking me to put some food in the microwave for him. For some reason I didn't hear my phone beep so as a result there was no food waiting for a tired, hungry boy. Yikes. It was a mistake and I admit I would be hungry too. But he was frustrated that I didn't hear my phone. Fair enough. Well fast forward to last night. I had worked all day and by 8 o clock I was tired and also hungry. The boyfriend was at his grandparents eating dinner and my plan was to go there too. I called him when I was done with work. Ring Ring Ring Ring. No answer. See a pattern here?

Now, I could have confronted him and gotten frustrated about him not answering his phone. But I thought about it. Would getting mad over this little thing really help or benefit our relationship in any way? Although lets be honest I was tired and maybe a little grumpy I realized that starting a tussle would in no way,shape, or form benefit either of us.

Have you ever experienced something like this? Sometimes we call it 'picking our battles.'

Make a sour face? Or make lemonade?


Pink lemonade in this case:)

Stick around for more Love Happens Lessons.
and follow me on twitter Storiesofagirl_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...