Tuesday, October 16, 2012

78 years young.

My beautiful grandma will be turning 78 next week. My brother shares the same birthday as her. Something he has always treasured.
You can read my previous posts here and here.

grandma copy 2

They gave her four to six months and she completed 8 weeks of radiation.
At home hospice care has been a life saver for my mom and my aunt. They aren't left with every hard decision and the stress of taking care of their sick mom has been lifted off their shoulders.

Recent struggles:
Shingles
Weight loss
Back and shoulder pain
Slight confusion
Depression

Triumphs? She doesn't hold anything back. It makes us giggle all the time. I asked her if it was weird for her when the at home nurses would give her a shower. She quickly responded with well I wash my own face and privates. and she also has been so happy because the nurse massages her back for her after she gets out of the shower. I tell you they really are amazing. If nothing else they make her smile.

She has the best cravings too. My mom brought over a pan of her favorite frosted brownies and after a few days there was almost nothing left. She is under 90 pounds so anytime something sounds good we are sure to get it for her. She has my mom stop every morning before work and bring her a donut.

She has still been getting out on friday nights to her favorite supper club. Last friday she even had the whole bar singing happy birthday to her. What ever it takes to make grandma smile.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...