Thursday, September 13, 2012

Inspiration Workshop: A DIY Repost

Maggie at Gussy Sews asked us to post our favorite DIY for this months inspiration workshop. I posted this a few months ago and I have been enjoying my Mod Podge pots ever sense.
See? Right under my keyboard. They are being occupied by my numerous cords that were otherwise homeless.


Its the most simple DIY ever. Trust me and try it. They are simply adorable.
__________________________________________________________________________________________



I found the idea for this project on pinterest. Shocker right?! Well it seemed so easy and cute and I just thought I had to try it. The only thing needed was some fabric, some mod podge, and some clay pots. I bought the smaller terra cotta pots because I wasn't sure how well they were going to turn out and I didn't want to have to buy an outrageous amount of fabric. Our local hobby lobby was having a fabric sale...Yay! So I bought 2 different patterned fabrics. The orange and white pattern was a little more thick and the finished product didn't feel as nice as the brown and green pattern which was a lighter weight fabric.

I just spread Mod Podge around the whole pot and cut a small square of fabric that seemed to be the right size.
I rolled the pot on the fabric and made sure to pull the sides tight. You end up with a sort of cone shape so I cut a significant amount off the top and bottom.

As you see above in picture 2, It helps to cut strips at the top so when you Mod Podge the outside you don't have puckers.

Now you can paste Mod Podge around the outside and make sure to cover every surface. I Mod Podged those strips to the inside of the pot too. The posts look like they are going to have a milky film around them but have no fear! It dries in a sort of clear glossy look. You can see this in picture 3.

Let them dry for 2 or so hours and you are good to go!

I think they are absolutely adorable and right now I have them perched on my shelf serving no particular function but Im thinking maybe some pea gravel and some pens or maybe a cute small indoor flower. So many possibilities :)

Gussy
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I have to hide all of my cords because one of my cats loves to eat cords. This is a pretty alternative to what I have going on. :) I love the little table your laptop is on too. What a clever idea.

    I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...