Tuesday, June 5, 2012

its more about the destination.

You know those couples that have the perfect relationship?
Ya me neither.



Ive been working on reminding myself lately that no relationship is perfect. I guess I am sort of a perfectionist in the way that I want everything to work out just so. But that image is really only perfect in my head. I have always considered myself a hopeless romantic. The bf (boyfriend) just doesn't understand how perfect love seems in the movies or in a good romantic novel. I picture the long walks on the beach holding hands and dancing the night away to some Frank Sinatra. Is that too much for a girl to ask for? Well for bf it is. Although we both do agree on a good Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin playlist every once and a while. We all have seen those couples that we assume to have the perfect relationship but once again I tell myself that no relationship is perfect. Every day has its trials and tribulations. Ive been trying to take the good out of everyday instead of laying down at night and wanting more. It really helps.



Because at the end of the day its the little things that matter. Its cuddling in the early morning or taking the dogs to the dog park or letting me obnoxiously read on my iPad before bed because I am not tired even though he has to get up at the butt crack of dawn for work. Its the little things that make you sure that you are truly happy. Even without the long walks on the beach or slow dancing under the moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...