Monday, June 4, 2012

wheeling and dealing. He's much better at it.

We had a really nice weekend and the weather was great.
It was the neighborhood garage sale on saturday so Dalton and I headed out in search of some treasures. We did find a few goodies. Dalton found an old fashioned Budweiser sign that he 'wheeled and dealed' down to $20. I found a practically new leather fossil bag that she was selling for $20. I thought no way at a garage sale will I pay $20 for a purse. (even though I new the purse was worth a lot more) So I walked away from it but as I got to the end of the driveway I decided I would ask her if she would take $15 for it. For some reason that sounded better to me. She said yep and SOLD to the highest bidder. I felt proud of myself for not just buying it for the asking price. Dalton had given me a little pep talk earlier in the day when I payed the ticket price ($5) for a blender. He said that I should have asked for a lower price. "It is a garage sale Ali. DUH."







Here is a similar one for $158. I would call $15 a steal. Wouldn't you?

and I will leave you with these beautiful Ranunculus from our local farmers market.



If you read my blog follow me on Twitter and be the first to see the new posts. I would love it!
@Storiesofagirl_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...