Friday, May 25, 2012

Guacamole.

Its looking like food friday here in the midwest. I thought with memorial day coming up a really simple guacamole recipe would be just perfect.


You will need:
A few ripe avocados. (I used 2 but that doesn't make a very big batch)
Crushed Garlic (to taste) I LOVE garlic.
Lemon Juice- Just a squirt. You could use a fresh lemon as well but I used what I had.
And tomatoes. Sliced very fine.


1. Slice the avocados. Ive found that the easiest and most efficient way is to slice all the way around the pit and then pull the two halves apart. It is then easy to remove the pit and the skin.

2. Chunk the avocados. I find it easy if I cut the halves into smaller chunks. This makes the mashing process a little faster and easier. This is also when I add the lemon juice and the garlic. Add a little garlic at first because you can always add more if thy tongue is not satisfied. I use a potato masher to mash my avocados. Add a little salt and pepper, and maybe a little more garlic.

Note: I've heard that adding cilantro to this recipe is delicious. I personally really really really dislike cilantro so I have omitted that part but feel free to improvise.

And there you have it. Wasn't that easy?
I think this is just a great fast recipe to take to your memorial day potluck. Im headed to our lake house tomorrow morning. Sunday is supposed to be b-e-a-utiful and I cannot wait.

What are your memorial day plans?
Enjoy!

P.s. Im linking up at a great blog I just found. Find Skinny Jeans and a Chai Latte here.

1 comment:

  1. Ali, thanks for finding my blog and linking up! This guacamole looks so easy and delicious. I think I'd even pair it with my beer from this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...