Monday, June 24, 2013

Just enough but not too much.

It's officially summer now.
Meaning its officially time for the weather to get its act together. Sunny and 85 is all this girl is asking for.

 photo e745ffe2-6be2-44cf-8213-3131d4add504_zps1a5e7ef1.jpg

Thursdays and fridays lately. Just me and this guy.
You will often find us dancing around the living room listening to Evan Murdock and the Imperfect Strangers. Coo coo cockatoo, look at me baby look at you.
Sneaking fig newtons from the cookie jar above the fridge. Drinking diet coke from a mason jar. Extra ice of course. Listening to the sound of light traffic pass by as we lie on a thrifted quilt in the backyard. Under a shade tree of course. Mom says no sunscreen for a few more months. Maybe we will meet a friend for lunch. Lets take the stroller and walk the bike path to a quaint little place on Willy street. You will cry in the stroller on the way home but the car ride will put you right back to sleep. I will catch up on reading or shut my eyes for a few quiet minutes as you continue your nap in the car seat.
 photo 653c9234-a2af-44a5-8b4c-e5dd603b417b_zps70437980.jpg

I tell you how much I love your little toes and how proud your great grandparents would be of you. We giggle when you smile just as your great grandpa used to when he didn't have his bottom dentures in. I am tempted to give you licks of my chocolate ice cream cone but Ben, I know your mom would kill me.

At the end of the day, your mom picks you up and I tell her of all of our adventures.

Its just enough but not too much.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...