Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Club:Gone Girl

----This is a repost of my discussion on Gone Girl. -----
One of my favorite blogs, Life of Bon, is doing a monthly book club. This months book was Gone Girl and I wanted to be apart of the discussion.

You can find the find the wonderful book club host here:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
A few weeks ago I mentioned a great book that I had just finished. Gone Girl.
I really struggled to get through the first part of the book but after about half, I couldn't put it down. Not to mention it was one of those books that you wanted to remember every good quote that you read.

One of my favorite things about reading on my iPad is that I can take screen shots and save those wonderful little nuggets in my photos.

One particular part really stood out to me. And don't worry, if you haven't read the book this wont spoil anything. (The two main characters are Nick, and Amy.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nick just wanted me to be happy, thats all, very pure.
Maybe I mistook that for laziness. I just want you to be happy, Amy.
How many times did he say that and I took it to mean: I just want you to be happy, Amy, because that is less work for me.
But maybe I was unfair. Well, not unfair but confused. No one Ive loved has ever not had an agenda. So how could I know?


Nick and I fit together. I am a little too much and he is a little too little. I am a thorn bush, bristling from the over-attention of my parents and he is a man of a million little fatherly stab wounds, and my thorns fit perfectly into them.
I need to get home to him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Im a little too much copy



So when they say they just want us to be happy. They may just mean it.




Photobucket































Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. i felt the same way. really enjoyed the second half.

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/book-review-gone-girl-by-gillian-flynn/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...