Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Christmas Round-up

A much overdue post regarding this past holiday known as Christmas...

If you are the type of person that as soon as its midnight on Christmas you are taking down the tree and the lights, dont read this post. I like to hold on to the holidays for as long as possible. Hence holding these pictures tightly in my grasp.

I suppose the fact that new years is only like 2 days away is enough reason to finally post about christmas.

This christmas was full of new things. A new house and new feelings. Lets also not forget my first stab at fudge and mustache straws for christmas eve.

As a child of divorced parents, the past few christmas's have been a bit hectic. It always seems like there are so many people to please and so little time. I made sure not to complain though because I love every ounce of undivided family time. That may be a stretch...

Christmas eve: Spent at my aunts on my moms side of the family. My grandparents used to host it but with the passing of both of them in the past few years, we have switched locations to my aunts house. We wanted to keep Christmas light and fun this year and try to keep some of the stress out of the whole holiday. Ugly sweaters and white elephant gifts for everyone.

Christmas morning: Breakfast and opening presents with my mom, step dad, and brother.

Christmas afternoon: Opening presents with Dalton and his family. The place was absolutely covered in wrapping paper.I once again set aside my feelings of all the waste that was laying on the ground and all the time and effort put into wrapping every single present. There are a lot of people at that gathering. Sometimes it seems like Cheaper by the Dozen in this household.

Christmas evening: Spent with my dads side of the family. We used to do crab legs for dinner but wowza has the price of seafood gone up in the past few years. We swallowed our pride and had spaghetti and meatballs instead.











Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...