Monday, November 26, 2012

to D.I.Y. for {Hair Ties}


HAIR TIES

You will need:
Supplies

STEP 1


step 2


step 3


Step 4

step 5

Step 6


Directions in words: I try to accommodate for all types of learners ;)
Step 1: Measure your fold-over elastic. I have a lot of thick hair so I used about ten inches.
Step 2: Fold the elastic in half
Step 3: Cut the elastic on an angle. Use sharp scissors to avoid fray.
Step 4: Hold the two ends of the elastic together and wrap them around one finger. Pull the two ends through the loop. (do not pull on the edges of the elastic or it will fray)
Step 5: Re-cut the edge to give a nice clean angle.
Step 6: Use clear nail polish along the angled edge to keep the fabric from fraying.
Let dry, and voila! You have an adorable hair ties.

Hair ties 2



The best part about these hair ties is the fact that they don't leave those obnoxious indents in your hair after wearing it up all day because lets be honest, who showers everyday anyway? Not me.

I bought my fold-over elastic on etsy. You can find many different shops that sell it.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...