Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pennant Banner {a DIY}

Today I am sharing a quick and fun little craft with you.

I had bought two pads of adorable paper this summer at our downtown festival with the intentions of making one of these banners.

I showed you my desk here. But it just felt really blah. I needed some craftiness. I figured this would be the perfect time to make a Pennant Banner.

What will you need?
Hot glue gun, paper or fabric, string

Guess what? I didn't have any string. Guess what I used? Dental Floss. It worked spectacular. So if you want to use dental floss, you go right ahead and do that. I mean who actually flosses their teeth anyway?

Step 1: Cut out your triangles. If you want to be precise, you can measure out a template. I just eyeballed and cut a small piece of cardboard to use as my template. Clearly I'm not a perfectionist.
It took me about 12 triangles to cover about 2 feet of dental floss. You do the math.



Step 2: Lay out your string. I placed a piece of paper under my string so I wasn't hot gluing the triangles to my desk.

Step 3: Place a substantial strip of glue on the very top of the triangle. You have to press the string, or floss into the glue to ensure that it holds. I had to re-glue two or three of mine that didn't want to hold. I placed the triangles about an inch from each other.

Step 4: Let dry and hang. I made the second strand a few inches shorter than the first so I could layer them.




I even made a little one to go above my bed. I think it compliments Frank Sinatra very well.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...