Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The way to a mans heart...

I always find buying something for Fathers Day challenging. I know that my dad loves to golf and loves to vacation and he loves to grill. But I can only buy so many golf gift cards and grilling tools. And lets be honest my budget does not allow for a fully paid vacation for fathers day. (They have a house in Florida anyway so its not like they need my vacation planning skills)

This year I decided to make my dad something instead. I found a recipe for No-Bake Peanut Butter bars and I was in love. Yum.



It is a really easy recipe. Heres what you need:


2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1.5 Cups Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (I smashed my own but you can buy the boxed kind too)
1 Cup + 4 Tbs peanut butter (I used all natural but you can use regular too)
1 Cup (two sticks) Melted Butter

In a mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup peanut butter and the melted butter.

Press this mixture onto an ungreased 9x13 pan. You could use a 9x9 if you want them to be thicker.

Combine chocolate chips and 4 tbs peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time stirring afterwards until the chocolate is completely melted.

Pour chocolate mixture over the graham cracker combination and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.

Lets just say dad approved. And while we were sitting at a restaurant last night an elderly lady in the table behind us saw that I had made these bars for my dad and so she leaned over and whispered in my ear, "The way to a mans heart is through his stomach. And you will make some man very happy one day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...