Friday, May 11, 2012

work slump.

Its that feeling that just isn't right. Ive recently switched jobs from one flower shop to another grocery/flower shop. I was really excited about the new setting and the new people and a fresh start at a new job. Well since I am still in school (only one more week :) I have been working about 2 days a week. Like every saturday which is contributing to the slump. I feel like saturday is my one day to do nothing yet then I am scheduled to work until 8 o clock.

Don't get me wrong I think the place is pretty great and I love everything that this place stands for but I just don't feel comfortable. Im trying to tell myself its because I'm still new and getting used to it but I just feel like I'm constantly in the way or needing to be told what to do. Not to mention doing just about everything wrong. Ugh. I feel like I actually look forward to the nights that I close because then at least I am by myself. Isn't that just sad?

I told myself Im not going to give up just yet. I need to give it a while longer to judge if maybe its just not for me. I hate being a quitter and disappointing people but I also always told myself that I refuse to work in a place that Im not happy at.

I have to work tomorrow from 1-8 because we have been really busy since mothers day is on Sunday. Hopefully I will get to see lots of lovely people who just want to buy flowers for there mom. I have to say that if Im feeling sort of "slumpish" a flower shop sure is an ok place to do it. Flower are just so happy.
Im lucky I have so many supportive people in my life. What would I do without them?

What do you guys think? Let me know if you have any tips.
Enjoy your weekend! I know I will (besides work)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...