Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Operation closet organization.

My mom made the greatest revelation the other day. They sell those nice organizational cubbies at the Dollar Tree-or as she likes to call it the "Everything is a dollar store." I suspect that is as to not confuse it with the Dollar General where everything is not a dollar. Weird, I know.

They don't have a very abundant selection of colors but hey, there only $1 so I won't be too picky.

These ones I found at Target and I used them all year in my dorm room. They do have a better selection of colors and they are a little bit more sturdy. You can find them here for $6.99.


So I went out to the Dollar Store and I picked up a few of the storage containers and decided to start working on our closet. Yep thats right we share a closet. A small one. But were not home all year so when we are we won't be picky. It wasn't all that unorganized but I just felt it needed a little something more.

Before: Dalton's side


Before: My side

See its not all that bad is it?

After:
I put his 'nice jeans' in a bin above the closet. They get warn much less than the 'work jeans' that are in the dresser. There is currently nothing in the other bin but give it time, we will accumulate something perfect just for that basket.

Underneath I put shoes that we don't wear that often in one and left the other open for dirty laundry.

On my side, I took the sweaters and put them downstairs. No need for those anymore. I also folded up my swimsuits and undergarments and put them in one bin. In the other I put hair products, face wipes, jewelry, etc.

I can check one more thing off my 'to organize' list. Phew!

Happy Tuesday.
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...