Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Keep calm and enjoy a jumbo margarita

I lay in bed tossing and turning.
I know I'm tired. Why cant I just fall asleep?

The tossing and turning continues and because I have always been an anxious type of person, I begin to panic thinking of how tired I am going to be the next day. As if panicking is going to make me more tired. My mind is racing. Don't forget about calling on that apartment tomorrow. Schedule that advising appointment. Am I going to keep my roommate awake if I decide to finish reading the Sorcerers Stone? Oh dang, I forgot to email my professor those presentation scores. I wonder if Dalton is asleep?

Whoa.

deep copy

I'm the type that requires the television to fall asleep. Dalton has been trying really hard to break that habit the past three years and when I am with him, I am usually fine. But I tend to get myself so worked up about nothing and then its uphill on roller-skates to try to get to sleep. And don't you fret, the sleep timer doesn't work. The second the TV turns off, I'm awake.

In an attempt to keep my very calm, cool and collected roommate around I have recently intercepted the habit of turning Netflix on my iPad and plugging in my headphones. I usually wake up strangled in my headphones. Its a risk I am willing to take.

I woke up, reset my alarm and slept for another 30 minutes. Are you surprised that I didn't wake refreshed? I was so lethargic that I walked out of our cafe without paying for my coffee. I struggled to stay awake during english and only a Dark Roast from Starbucks was going to keep my head from bobbing during my Early Childhood Foundations class.

Learning to do a mail merge was the last thing this exhausted brain could handle. I managed. I walked back to my dorm feeling defeated and hungry. (Because I am always hungry) Dalton asked me if I wanted to walk over to the local mexican restaurant to have a margarita and some chips and salsa. It was the last thing I felt like doing. But I did it. And I felt great. It's amazing what some good salsa and a Jumbo Margarita can do for a girl. (Besides make her a little tipsy)

margs

Moral of the story?
Don't sleep with headphones in if you can help it.
And just when you think the world is against you, keep calm and have a jumbo margarita at your local mexican restaurant.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...