Thursday, August 30, 2012

That trip to the dentist


Yesterday I went to the dentist. I normally don't mind the dentist.
I was having a weird anxious feeling.

I guess 2 fillings and 1 crown could do that to a girl. Especially when they told me that I could be in that chair for up to 3 hours. Oh Great.

Don't get me wrong. I have a great dentist. So great that I spent 10 days with him and his family and some mutual friends on a vacation to Anguilla.

I have complete faith in him.
I still felt anxious.

I have rotten teeth. I brush religiously and not so religiously floss. But I do try.

I have just always had problems. I guess its just soft teeth.



They did the usual numbing and gave it a few minutes to set in.

I was feeling pretty numb so they started drilling.

Not quite numb enough. Eeeeeekkkkk

Round 2 of numbing. Followed by a disclaimer that this extra numbing could leave me numb for a whole 24 hours.

I left with some chapped lips and a lopsided face.
Sexy, huh?

All this for some pretty teeth. Is it worth it?

Who knows.


As for the black and white photos? No real relevance.
Just glad we have legitimate sedation nowadays.




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You aren't the only one with soft teeth. I don't like the dentist at all, but gotta keep those teeth in good shape as much as possible. Love the pictures. While they freaked me out a little, I did have a chuckle. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...